Heavenly humble food!
When in a hurry and wanting to eat something yummy, filling and comforting yet healthy!!!. That’s my kind of heavenly humble food.
Kutchi’s use more moong dal than rice in their Khichri as it much healthier and lower in carbs.
- 1 cup split green moong daal
- 1/2 cup rice
- 2 cups of water (may vary according to your rice and daal)
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- Mix and wash split green moong daal and rice.
- Add salt, turmeric powder.
- Now in a pan let it simmer and boil for 20 minutes. Keep checking the water as it should not be too dry.
That’s it guys!! Khichri is ready!!