Coconut Cashew Cranberry squares
Modern twist on a classic
My love for coconut, cashews, cranberries and orange inspired me to make these yummy squares.
I tend to make this as a dessert for my Diwali parties as its simple, quick, healthy and can be made in just 20-30 minutes without the hard work required in making a traditional coconut barfi. Just one mouthful, the hint of orange reminds me of sunshine.
So, this Diwali I was in for a surprise when I got a £50 voucher from Asda and decided to head off to my local store to pick up some superfood ingredients and came up with this quick and easy recipe.
Make this Diwali special and gift these yummy Coconut Cashew Cranberry squares to your friends and family.
This makes approx. 10 squares
- 200g cashews
- 100g desiccated coconut
- Zest of ½ orange and ¼ cup of orange juice
- ½ tsp of cardamom
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp of set honey
- 3 tsp of coconut milk (400g KTC Coconut Milk is just £0.50)
- 50g of cranberries
- In a food processor blend the cashews, coconut, orange zest and cardamom till it’s powdery.
- Add vanilla, honey, orange juice and coconut milk and blitz until it forms into a ball.
- Leave the cranberries in hot water for 20-30 second to soften them. Drain and pat them dry on a kitchen towel.
- Spread the mixture on a tray and scatter the cranberries. Leave in the fridge for 20-30 minutes and cut into squares.