Cricket Energy Ball
Small but yet so POWERFUL!
Yes!!!!!! I am a massive cricket fan and this was the match I could not miss, India vs Pakistan CT17 at Edgbaston. I had an exhilarating day full of cheering, shouting, blowing my hooter in my India shirt and hat and of course the atmosphere full of Indian dhol players, everyone waving their flags, clapping, cheering was one to cherish forever.
When my favourite player Yuvraj hit a six, the force that came with the ball was so powerful, the first thing that came to my mind was to make an Energy Ball. The highlight was that India won the game and the whole stadium was dancing, going crazy and all that energy had to be made into something delicious and nutritious.
So feeling quite charged up on Monday, with only 4 ingredients and 15 minutes to spare I made these beauties.
So here’s the recipe for you to try.
- Handful of almonds and cashew nuts – Being half Indian it has to be almonds and cashew nuts as these are used in most Indian deserts.
- Handful of pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup of raisins or dates. I used raisins as I love the flavour of plump Californian raisins.
- Roast the almonds, cashews and pumpkin seeds on a very low heat till you can smell the aroma of the oils being released.
- Add the raisins and take the pan off the heat
- Mix and stir then finally blitz in a chopper till everything binds in a dough texture.
- Roll into a ping pong size balls.
I just couldn’t resist munching on one straight away. I tend to eat a lot of almonds, not only are they high in vitamins A, B and magnesium but also provide me with much needed calcium.
Now this is one of my favourite snacks every time I feel a bit peckish or need a boost.